Sicily to Greece. Crossing April 2022 (2):
April 16-29 Palermo-Mesolonghi
From Palermo, in the middle of the Easter holidays, we sail to the historic city of Cefalù and the Aeolian Islands. We will enter the Ionian Sea through the Strait of Messina and we will go along the Coasts of Calabria and Púglia to the Strait of Ótranto, between Italy and Greece. We will sail south through the green and rugged Ionian Islands where we can enjoy nature, the hospitality of its inhabitants and celebrate our arrival to Greece in a tavern in the old town of Corfu. We will anchor at Skorpios, the private island of Onassis and in Ithaca, the homeland of Ulysses and we will finish the journey in the Mesolonghi lagoon.
- Day 16: Boarding from 6 pm at the Yacht Club del Mediterraneo, in La Cala, the old port and city center of Palermo. Once installed on board and made the necessary explanations we will do a tour of this impressive city in full celebration of Holy Week.
- Day 17: We will sail until noon to reach Cefalú, a quiet town full of history,
with magnificent beaches and a large cathedral characteristic of the Sicilian Norman Romanesque. Depending on the weather we will sleep anchored in the bay or in the small port.
- Day 18: We will set sail in the morning for the Aeolian Islands, seven high and steep islands with a very important volcanic activity. We will land in Lipari, under an impressive walled acropolis. It is worth strolling through the alleys and enjoying the relaxed atmosphere of Marina Corta, the old port and
- Day 19: We will sail to the nearby island of Vulcano, in the afternoon we will climb the volcano, an excursion to contemplate the crater, the fumaroles and an impressive sunset over the whole archipelago.
- Day 20: We will sail to the Strait of Messina and manage as well as we can the strong ones currents, eddies and heavy traffic. Already in the Ionian Sea, we will see the imposing cough of Etna (3357 m) snowy and we will sail all night near the Calabrian coast.
- Day 21: We will land in the ancient city of Crotone, in Calabria, a beautiful town of Greek origin where Pythagoras established his school of philosophy.
- Day 22: This day we will cross the Gulf of Taranto, probably with the wind and the sea through, heading to Santa Maria di Leuca, a small town in Puglia, right on the heel of the Italian boot.
- Day 23: We will cross the Strait of Otranto, between Italy and Greece to the small and remote island of Othonoi.
- Day 24: We will border the island of Corfu to the north in time to throw the iron in the coves, favorites of the Durrell brothers. We will moor at the foot of the old town of this imposing city.
- Day 25: We will sail south to the island of Paxos, with safe anchorages
turquoise like Lakka and the narrow natural harbor of Gaios.
- Day 26: We will head to the island of Levkas to cross the narrow channel that separates it from the mainland and anchor at the foot of the village of Onassis, in Skorpios and under the olive trees of Meganisi.
- Day 27: After breakfast we will head to the island of Ithaca, the legendary homeland of Ulysses with a deep and cozy port where we will spend the night.
- Day 28: In the last stage of this journey we will enter the Gulf of Pàtres and we will call at the Messolonghi Lagoon, a base much loved by the Onas crew.
- April 29: Disembarkation at Mesolonghi Port until 10am.
How to arrive:
- Palermo: We will be in La Cala, in the city center, 30 km from the airport (PMO)
- Mesolongi: The port is 10 minutes from the city center. It is well connected by bus to Athens. There is a taxi service to Athens Airport (2h30).
The trip can vary substantially depending on the conditions of the
weather and group preferences.
Price per person: 90€/night + fees. Please make sure you mark all the days from 13 April to 29 April 2022 in the payment gateway. Total amount should be 1170€ + fees. If you want to book more than one person, please do it separately.
Strict cancellation policy
Free cancellations up to 30 days before the reservation start date. 50% refund for cancellations between 14-30 days before the reservation start date. Cancellations within 14 days after the reservation start date are non-refundable. In case of extenuating circumstances, you may be entitled to a 100% refund.